Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hello World



My name is Lisa DeGraaf, I live in Ypsilanti, Michigan and I love to research the American criminal justice system and then write down my thoughts about how our system could improve or change. Until today I was just writing for myself, but now I want to share my thoughts and see what others think. Feel free to comment on anything you want to. I love to hear other opinions and ideas.

I am constantly reading research papers, dissertations, books, and watching documentaries. In an effort to learn anything that I can about gangs, prisons/jails, juvenile offenders, boot camps, recidivism rates, rehabilitation research, false confessions, the death penalty, drug laws, and much more. I will keep updating the list in the right column, what I am currently reading, so that you can enjoy those papers as well. I will also be making a second list of article/papers/documents/websites that I highly recommend.

In addition to criminology I'm interested in politics, photography and sewing. I have been married for a little over five years and I have severe fibromyalgia. I used to be an interpreter for the deaf, but then when I started showing signs of fibromyalgia I couldn't continue to work. Fibromyalgia is a pain disorder where you feel widespread pain.

Well, I guess that is enough about me and my ideas for this blog. I need to get some sleep :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment